Thursday, February 2, 2012

Archetypes In My Life

Brooke and I
Mayor Mark
Trickster Chance
Sister Kayla and I
Dad Kip


Mom Jane and sister Kayla
Brother Daniel
Secondary archetypes are present everywhere throughout my life. Although they are all just normal people, each represents a different type of archetype to me. To get started, I can obviously say that I am the hero archetype. I say this because all the other archetypes eventually get back to relating to the hero.

Both my brother and sister represent the brother/sister archetype. I get along well with both of my siblings. Although my siblings are five and six years older then me, we still get along and only have occasional differences.

I would consider my dad to be the father archetype. He has taught me all sorts of useful information. He is also a strong, resilient person who can lead by example. He is a great role model in my life.


My mom is the earth mother archetype to me. She has always been one to guide me in the right direction. She is also very caring and kind. I’m always able to talk to her about anything I want, and she is always willing to listen.


The maiden would have to be Brooke. I think I am sort of obligated to mention this just in case she happens to be reading this:) Just kidding about that last part.


I would have to say that Mayor Mark would be the wise old man archetype. First of all, he fits the physical description with his beard. Also, he is always full of great information and sayings that seem to stick in my mind. Although some information is strictly informative, there is other so-called information that he shares that is just all around good ‘stuff’.


I think I would classify Chance as the trickster. Although we tend to spend a large amount of time together and know each other extremely well, he is still capable of being a nuisance. Some people may think he is more of a brother figure, but I think trickster is a better fit.


So it’s obvious that there are many people in my life that fit the secondary archetypes. There are numerous other people not listed above that have influenced me throughout my life as well. It’s clear that secondary archetypes are a crucial part of my life and will always be present.

1 comment: